Sit back and relax? You're having a laugh!

So I was checking my emails today, and my monthly tips email from the garden centre came though with the advice of...

"August really is the time to sit back, enjoy your garden and contemplate the hard earned fruits of your labours."

"The most important thing this month is to enjoy your garden; heady scents, glorious colours, an abundance of fruits and vegetables and hopefully more sunshine. What could be more enjoyable and satisfying than surveying the results of your hard work throughout the year?"
  


Yes, that's right, all I do on the allotment in August is sit back and given myself a good old pat on the back! As you can see from the pic below, these piles of weeds picked themselves yesterday while I sang 'Bibidi-Bobbidi-Boo' interspersed with 'A spoonful of sugar'. Oh what a magical time August is on the plot...ha ha!





Am I getting old and cynical? Surely not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update