Winter Jobs

So as my 'To Do' list starts to dwindle as we approach November, I've got to thinking about projects for the winter. As much as I love the general potter around over the winter months, there are a couple of things I'd like to achieve before the hustle and bustle of spring.

Project 1 and 2
I've got four currant bushes which are a little close together and really could do with a bit more space. I've got an area earmarked for them, and after a year of not using the old compost bin, I'ts time for it to become my new fruit bed. The old wire bin is going to be cut down to provide support for the path/bank area. The plot is on a slope so the bank is somewhat eroded and I hope the mesh should provide a little more support. I freecycled some roofing tiles to edge the new bed which will make it look quite smart when finshed.

Project 3
I've got the bug for topsoil and I think I'm going to try and fill my last raised bed. Well it's not really a raised bed at the moment but will be once it's full.

Project 4
After enviously admiring next doors frames they put over their brassicas all season, I'm thinking I might like to make some of my own. We're plagued by pigeons here and they decimate all the brassicas unless theyre properly covered. I've had plastic hoops and netting doing a good job, but they are a pain to keep lifing and putting back down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update