Marrows

Someone told me this week, the reason vegetables are seasonal is so that you don't get bored of them. By the time they're back in season, you'll have had enough of a break and be ready to enjoy them again. I thought it was quite a nice way to look at things. However, I do think marrows may be an exception to this rule!

I've been 'lucky' this year...the dry weather in May and June meant a lot of my squashes didn't make it so I haven't had the usual glut of courgettes and marrows from the plot. I know by this time in the year, some of you are regretting the decision to pop another seed in back in the spring. 

For an alternative stuffed marrow try this...

Peel and cut marrow into 1" thick rings.
Meanwhile fry off a red onion with some diced spicy chorizo sausage. Add a handful of peas, some mixed herbs and some cous cous and mix together to make the stuffing.
Fill the marrow rings with the stuffing. Cover with foil and bake for an hour.
Check halfway through and add a drizzle of water if there isn't enough moisture from the marrow to rehydrate the cous cous.
Remove the foil and top with some grated cheese.
Grill to melt the cheese and serve.

A real change from the usual stuffed marrow recipes.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update