HFW's Veg

After much anticipation, I've just sat through the first episode of Mr Fearnley-Whittingstalls new series.

In preparation for the event, I prepared and cooked a shoulder of lamb using the recipe in his Meat book for our Sunday Roast which I can wholeheartedly recommend.  Cooking time was spot on - 30 mins at 230oC followed by 18 mins per 500g at 160oC. The shoulder was prepared with 8 garlic cloves and several sprigs of rosemary pushed into the meat. After the first 30 mins, a glass of white wine was poured over the joint, and 10 mins from the end a glass of water added to deglaze the roasting dish. I also threw in a handful of redcurrants for the gravy. I didn't need to add anything else to the gravy - it was delicious!

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme and it was great to see one of the recipes I posted from his previous book making its debut on the programme. Although, I do think my version looked slightly more colourful than his if I say so myself. But then that was because I had three different coloured beetroots. I think his new Veg book will be going on the Christmas list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update