Solanaceae Update

I wrote earlier in the year that I was going to try sowing my tomatoes in three batches. Here are the first sowing and the second lot (Moneymaker and Gardeners Delight) went in the last week of March.


I sowed sweet peppers and chili peppers with the first batch back in mid February. The sweet peppers had a good germination rate but I only got 1 chili germinate.
So far there's nothing poking through from my aubergines...I'll keep waiting!

Given the reduction of growing space from my allotment, and not knowing how far I would get in clearing my patch, I decided to grow potatoes in sacks this year. I'm growing second earlies only and opted for Wilja as these were the very first crop I sowed when I took on my allotment 13 years ago!



UPDATE - I forgot to post this blog so to UPDATE... all aubergine are terminated and almost ready to go in the ground in the greenhouse. I have to clear a few more lettuce and spinach to make space. Potatoes have been earthed up once and second showings of tomatoes are in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Spring Update

First Eggs!