3 eggs per day!

All three are in full lay now. Even with giving some away, 21 per week is still a lot to get through. 

One had a bit of an upset tummy (I know not scientifically accurate) last week. She was sick a couple of times, just water, but this is the something chickens are supposed to do. A few massages of the crop and a couple of bowls of my special mix - oats, live yoghurt and some cider vinegar to restore ph balance and beneficial bacteria and yeast - and she was right as ninepence in 2 days. She never stopped laying and was full of life every day so I was happy to let her be.

2 recipes I've tried this week are a cheese, pasta and spinach soufflĂ© and a moroccoan/African inspired dish called Chachouka.


Both recipes courtesy of Hugh F-W River Cottage Veg Everyday. A recipe book I'm going to be delving into a lot again this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Spring Update

First Eggs!