Chickens taking care of the lawn too

Not only are the chickens doing a first class job of clearing my veg beds, weeding form me, breaking down the lumps of soil and fertilizing it...theyre helping the lawn too.

Ive built a small moveable pen for them as i cant be letting thwm roam the garden now ive got so many seeds in. Every couple if days i move it around the lawn is into a different veg bed.The chickens dutifully scarify the lawn, pulling out all the moss and at the same time fertilize it for me to boost the grass growth.

Chicken manure is used as an organic fertilizer, especially for soil low in nitrogen. Of all animal manures, it has the highest amount of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. In trying to recover the lawn and boost the nitrogen in the soil for the grass to out compete the moss, I've found my girls to be a fantastic help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Spring Update

First Eggs!