1 Week On

So I'm appreciating the scale of the task in hand now!

I decided that the old tool shed had to go... the bottom slats and the base had gone rotten all the way round to the point that the outside was coming through to the inside! Once the roof was off, it literally crumpled. With half an hour before the dump closed I managed to get half of the old shed away. The rest is propped up ready to go next weekend. 

I started putting up the new shed yesterday and got as far as levelling the base and putting the 4 sides up. This evening after work I've managed to get the door and roof on. Hopefully the felt will go on later this week.

Now, I'd initially thought that I might be able to do something with the old shed and turn it into my new chicken coop over the winter, but alas it's not going to happen. I'll need to go back to the drawing board with that plan for the spring.

The local DIY store managed to only deliver part of my hard landscaping order so any plans I had to start laying my greenhouse base were thwarted this weekend.

It's ok though...it took me three hours to cut the lawn so in didn't have a huge amount of time what with the shed saga and the stream of visitors still flocking to see the new pad. The compost bin is overflowing with grass clippings and I have a separate pile next to it too. I know you're supposed to mix grass clippings with other compostables...I'll need to sort that in due course.

So, targets for this week...finish the shed, start taking down a bit of the shrubbery to mix with the grass clippings, dig out turf for greenhouse base and put turf in the gaps in the lawn.

Lets see how I get on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update