Almost 6 years on...

Well, my plans to become a serious and regular blogger didn't really take off... but I'm back now! I still have the allotment, and its been really successful but this autumn will be my last. After 12 long years, I'll be  saying goodbye.

Why? No, I haven't realised my dreams of buying a smallholding and becoming self sufficient. nor have I opted out of the system and found myself living in a field surrounded by chickens. In the 6 years I've been away a lot has happened. I'm now married, and have just moved into a new house. we've been here a week now, and its got the most fabulous garden, in which I will be able to grow away to my hearts content.

In the week I've been here I've already moved my compost heap and wormery to the new home, I've started on my powertool crusade and my belated birthday present of a greenhouse has been ordered. I'm so excited after living in a flat for 14 years with no outdoor space, to be in my element.

I hope that this blog will be a record of my journey in my new garden. As I write I'm watching a jay fly back and forth between my apple tree and the lawn, clearly tucking into something nice and I have 2 resident doves who appear to like the site. The bird feeders left by the previous incumbents do not seem to tickle any birds taste buds, but the last flowers of the lavender do seem to be a favourite with the bees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update