What to do with all those beetroots?

I thought I'd share this recipe. Its dead simple and I found it a refreshing change from some of the more traditional recipies for beetroot. With this hot weather we're forecast, a salad might be called for.



Roast the beetroot in the oven with some thyme and garlic and slip it out of its skins. Leave to cool, chop into chunks and serve on a bed of lettuce with feta cheese and redcurrants. If you want a dressing, I chose a sweet honey and balsamic to offset the sharpness of the redcurrants. 


If only I had a sheep or a goat, I'd have grown all the ingredients myself.... One day!

p.s. I've just made raspberry and white chocolate muffins for afters. With all that goodness in the salad, I can treat myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update