Tomatoes

This month in GYO Magazine I've been lucky enough to get five different varieties of tomato seeds free.

This is my first year in a long time that I've had a greenhouse, and I'm excited to be growing under glass so I'm thinking ahead already.

Having read around a bit...I've decided that I'm going to try and grow for a successional crop...and according to what I've read, I could be in Tom's until November. 

So, here's my plan:

Growing the largest fruiting varieties first, in February, with a second day sowing of a standard tomato in April, and a third sowing in June of a cherry type.

So it will be Roma and Marmande first, with moneymaker and gardeners delight second. Some of these will end up outside due to space. Then I'm going to raid my seed box for some cherry ones to go in last.

That's the plan...I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update