It's half term - part 1

So the main hob for half term is to get the greenhouse up. The site has been carefully selected on the south facing side of the garden. The greenhouse was delivered back in September and has been sat patiently in the garage waiting for this week 

Here's the site that I've picked:


 All started well on Monday morning. The weather was fine and I was out in the garden ready to start with digging and marking out the base. The problem came when I started digging and within two rows of pigging out turf I hit something hard.

Yup, in true TimeTeam fashion, I uncovered something under the lawn. A 6'x6' concrete slab!

SO after a bit of head scratching, I moved the base up 2' and continued. At the end of day 1 I'd got the base down and moved an awful lot more earth than previously anticipated.




With Day 2 being fine as well, I set about getting the frame up. I'd ordered online from https://www.greenhousestores.co.uk/Greenhouses/ and the best thing about my Vitavia greenhouse was the way each section was bundled and numbered in the box. It was a genius idea and made it so easy to build the sections.

I'd ordered an additional roof vent, so had to go and get one pane cut slightly smaller to fit the new vent. But other than that, buy the end of day two, I had my greenhouse in place.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st June Update

Making Cider

Spring Update